These past few weeks have been noticeably different for us. Ellery truly feels like a little toddler now. I’m not sure why exactly, but she’s just become such a little girl. I watch her wander around our apartment and in her classes and she is just so much more capable and independent. It makes me so happy but slightly nostalgic for the days of sitting and snuggling most of the day with my little baby girl.
She talks a lot but we don’t understand much of it quite yet. I catch her talking to her baby in her crib a lot. Very intense conversations I might add.
Words we DO understand:
- egg (kinda sounds like ehh)
- shoes (shoooze)
- mama (but means a lot of things, Mom, More, etc…)
- duck duck (which means she wants to watch Sesame Street)
- woof woof
Things we are loving these days:
- baby (her baby dolls)
- feeding/dressing/doting on baby
- snacks (and saying yummmmmmmm very dramatically when she get’s something she loves)
- sesame street and more sesame street on the iPad
- cooking in her kitchen
- bath time with Dad (and playing with all her duck ducks in the tub)
- feeding herself with a fork and spoon
NOT loving these days:
- Being put in the stroller when she doesn’t feel like it (which leads to an awesome public meltdown)
- having colds
- cutting her molar teeth
- Bundling in a million layers to face the days of the polar vortex.
The 15 month stats:
Height: 32.5″ (95%)
Weight: 23lbs 1oz (72%)
Head: 47.5 (89%)
We’ve been doing lots of crafts-finger painting, drawing and even playing with stickers! We took a trip to the Children’s Museum of the Arts in Tribeca the other weekend and she had a blast (so did we). We’ve been walking to and from places more and more as Ellery likes to explore. Doing laundry is one of her favorite activities because it requires a trip down the elevator, to the basement a number of times, where then she can play with all the magical doors on the magical boxes that make fun sounds. Day to-day life with a toddler is never boring but we are looking forward to warmer weather so we can expand our options for playtime!