Ellery turned 18 months on the 16th (meaning she is close to turning 19 months). There is so much I want to remember about her and this time. Maciej and I spend time at night, after she’s gone to bed, talking about how lovely she is and how much fun we have with her (most of the time :)
Some things I want to remember about this time:
- Her giggle. It’s so sweet and addictive. She loves to get tickled, especially when I start to sing the song “wiggle wiggle wiggle, jiggle jiggle jiggle, little sack of sugar I could eat you up…” (Song is Little Sack of Sugar by Elizabeth Mitchell, you won’t be disappointed)
- Her words. She is trying to talk so much these days and her words are so cute. She refers to her bunnies as “hop” and today she was trying to put her shirt on and kept saying a word I didn’t understand until I realized she was saying “arm”. Each day it’s a new word or expression that makes me smile.
- How she calls me Momma now. She will point to my water-glass or my shoes and say “Momma”. I love knowing she knows I’m her Momma.
- Her sweetness. She is so sweet and caring. She loves caring for all her animals and dolls. She kisses them and hugs them. She is always kissing and hugging Sophie too, which makes my heart melt. I love how much she loves. I hope she never loses that.
- How much she loves her Dad. She hears people in the hallways during the day and will look at me and say “Dadda?” She loves when he gets home from work and I swear her favorite nights are bath nights with Dad. Those have become their time (when I can relax or cook) and she takes her “Baattth” with Dadda.
- How carefree and happy she is. She is so easy-going and happy (almost) all the time. It’s freeing to watch how the simplest of things make her so happy. I know this is probably the case with most toddlers but we feel so lucky that she is such a happy babe.
- How curious she is about life. She is constantly observing and I can tell she wants to learn about everything. I hope we can teach her everything she wants to know.