Because Winter just doesn’t seem to want to end, I’ve had to find a treat that isn’t going to completely destroy my attempts to get healthier! I stumbled upon a few recipes for raw/vegan cookie dough bites and after a little tweaking, I found a recipe for one that’s pretty great. Mind you, they don’t actually taste like raw chocolate chip cookie dough (with eggs, flour etc…) but they are a delicious, sweet treat (and a perfect snack for an active toddler!)
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2/3 cup oats
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar (I used maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (sub vegan chocolate chips if you want!)
- Heavy pinch of cinnamon
- Add the cashews and oats to a food processor/blender. Chop until the mixture is a fine powder. Add in the maple syrup, vanilla extract and the coconut oil. Blend/pulse until well-combined. Be careful not to overmix cashews (you don’t want to end up with cashew butter). Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form into 1- 1 1/2″ inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and chill for about 2 hours or longer and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.