This is the first blog post I’m writing about our second pregnancy (when this is posted I will be a several weeks past 11). It’s weird to even write that! I feel so blessed that we’ve been able to become pregnant successfully for a second time. I know not everyone is so lucky and for that reason I don’t ever want to take that for granted for even a second.
This time around things are already different. To name a few…
- I’ve been exhausted (brutally exhausted). Not sure if this is magnified by the fact that I can’t rest as much with a toddler in tow or if the pregnancy is just taking more of a toll?
- I’ve had loads more morning sickness. Or should I say all day sickness?
- The moments where I am not feeling tired/nauseous I completely and totally forget that I’m pregnant.
- I miss caffeine. A lot. See top note re: exhaustion.
- I somewhat know what to expect and haven’t spent hours googling symptoms to make sure everything is okay!
- I don’t spend the first few minutes of my day going through all my pregnancy apps to see what the baby is doing TODAY. Actually, the only time I check it is when the alert pops up on my phone that I’ve started a new week of pregnancy.
I am soaking up our quiet nights because we know all too well those days are numbered and really trying to appreciate my time with Ellery. I want to remember our days together when she was still the only human baby in our lives.
I won’t be blogging as much this time around-for all the above reasons. I still want to try to record as much as possible for myself and for the babes when they one day decide they might want to read all these entries…but for now….I will write when they’re is something to say!
Thanks for reading and following along on all our adventures! And for all those Mommies of two of more…I welcome any and all advice moving forward. I know I’ll need it!