Have you ever rented your toys before? We hadn’t, and this type of service was something I dreamt about when we lived in New York City (no, really, I couldn’t stand accumulating “stuff” and had been known to go through complete fits of throwing things away just to feel better).
We have been trying out a company called Green Pinata this past month and it’s fantastic.
Here are the details:
- You can join and get toys shipped to your doorstep to keep for as long as you want-meaning NO late fees! If you are ready for a new shipment to be sent out, you can exchange them as early as 4 weeks after your package arrives. You decide!
- Age appropriate toys can be recommended by their experts or you can choose your own (did I mention the toys are beautiful and made at the highest quality and safety standards?) Some of the brands we received in our first package were Hape and Plan Toys. You can’t get much better than that.
- They come clean, sanitized and packaged like new to your doorstep.
- You have the option to keep any of the toys you like or you return them all and your next shipment is sent out.
- No need to fret about losing a piece or two from your package (let’s be honest, this is a concern for us all!) as you can add on a small $5/month insurance coverage so if those blocks start to “travel” you don’t have to track each one down!
Ellery and Everett were SO excited when the box arrived and they’ve had so much fun exploring what each bag/box contained. A new toy delivery every few weeks is something they now look forward to.
I love this service because although these toys are great, sometimes Ellery will get bored with them and is ready for something new (and I don’t have to stress about where we are going to store said toys). We try to teach our kids to clean up after each activity, which not only keeps the playroom tidy but also keeps track of rental toys – especially the ones with lots of pieces that are easy to lose (i.e. the smart insurance coverage!) Those of you who have been reading the blog long enough know…I HATE clutter. With another addition coming our way this year, this solves a lot of my fears of accumulating too many toys.
Check out they’re website and get $5 off when you register using this discount code: GP31527