There are so many things that make me LOVE New York City more than any place else in the world. The holidays are one of those things. There is literally nowhere else to be when the holidays roll around.
Maciej and I have established some pretty fun traditions and we’ve been even more excited to share those with Ellery. This will be her 2nd Christmas and although she still won’t fully understand it all, the fact that she loves the Christmas tree in our living room and wants the dancing Santa to play all.day.long (thanks, Grampy) makes me SO happy.
(see picture below with her dancing with Santa)
Every year we get our Christmas tree from the Romp Family. They have the most beautiful trees and it doesn’t hurt that they park right on Jane street 🙂 Here is an interesting article if you want some background info on the Romp Family business.
Last year, Ellery was only a couple of months old when the holidays came around so we skipped the whole sitting on Santas lap thing, but this year M and I were so excited to partake. I wanted it to be a really calm and nice Santa so we ventured out to ABC Carpet and Home as I heard great things. We got up early, did nap time in the Ergo while waiting in line. It was pretty magical as it was snowing beautifully and the line wasn’t so bad (we got there at 9:30am for a 10am opening).
Success! Santa was beautiful and Ellery didn’t seem to mind at all. Ahhh…I will remember this morning forever!
After Santa,Grammie and Grampy treated us to lunch at ABC Cocina-
for more pancakes 🙂
There are a million amazing things to do in New York City for the holidays but we are keeping it pretty simple this year.
If you find yourself in NYC this weekend, American Express is spreading some holiday cheer by giving away free cupcakes and hot cocoa from their holiday truck! It’s just the sweet treat to keep everyone going on these cold days! The cupcakes are candy cane crunch by Baked by Melissa (love the mini bites)! Here is the schedule if you want to find a truck near you:
Cupcakes and Cocoa Truck Schedule
Day 1: Saturday, Dec 21
– Meatpacking (Vehicle 1, stop 1) – noon
– Chelsea/Highline (Vehicle 1, stop 2) ‚Äì 3 p.m.
– Midtown/5th Ave (Vehicle 2, stop 1) – noon
– Central Park South/Columbus Circle (Vehicle 2, stop 2) 3 p.m.
Day 2: Sunday, Dec 22
– Washington Square Park/Greenwich (Vehicle 1, stop 1) noon
– West Village (Vehicle 1, stop 2) 3p.m.
– Cobble Hill (Vehicle 2, stop 1) noon
– Park Slope (Vehicle 2, stop 2) 3 p.m.
Day 3: Monday, Dec 23
– Herald Square (Vehicle 1, stop 1) noon
– Midtown/5th Ave/Rock Center (Vehicle 1, stop 2) 3 p.m.m
– Bryant Park Area (Vehicle 2, stop 1) noon
– Soho (Vehicle 2, stop 2) 3 p.m.